- Get messy!
- Touch it all.
- Leave everything here.
- Be respectful of others.
- Use rocks and sticks for creating, not for throwing or fighting.
- Explore. Pretend. Make friends.
- Be safe. Have fun!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Blankets or towels to protect car interiors on the way home
- Picnic lunch or snacks
The Grove nature playscape is a place where kids can use their imagination to explore natural materials in a playful way.
This space has a few different areas to dig into that highlight different kinds of play and learning.
The Tone Zone provides opportunities for creating sounds using a variety of different instruments.
The Block Lab is an place where kids can build with wooden blocks and tree cookies. The building possibilities are endless!!
The Spiders Web is a place for kids to climb, play and use their imagination. You would be surprised by the games they come up with!!
The Inspiration Tree is the fallen log that started it all. This tree was just off of the parking lot and kids would naturally gravitate to it and start climbing. This was the beginning of The Grove!
The Leopold Shack was design as a covered hang out spot for kids to be creative. There are shelves for kids to display found objects and create their own cabinet of curiosity.
The Art Pod has slate easels for kids to paint with water from the cistern attached to Leopold's Shack. There is a sand table for kids to experiment with and a large table to create on.
The Poet Tree is a wood structure with fabrics to engage kids in play in a different way. This has become a stage, an area to play house and any number of other things. Imagination is in full swing in this area!
- Groups of 10+ should call to find the optimal time to visit: 815-335-2915
- Climbing features are intended for ages 5-12.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Severson Dells is part of the Illinois State Nature Preserves and as such dogs are not allowed on the property.